Expression of Interest: Membership in the Royal Australian Chemical Institute Publications Committee
The Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) is inviting expressions of interest from qualified and interested financial members to join the RACI Publications Committee. Reporting to the Board, this new committee plays a vital role in shaping the direction and standards of our publications, ensuring they remain at the forefront of disseminating impactful information in the field of chemistry. We welcome individuals from various sub-disciplines within the field of chemistry, mix of career stages, genders, and cultural backgrounds.
A copy of the Committee Terms of Reference can be downloaded below this message.
The RACI has full or partial involvement with the following publications:
- Chemistry in Australia Magazine
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics
- Chemistry An Asian Journal
- Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry
The Chemistry in Australia committee that is currently in place will continue to operate as a subgroup of this committee.
Familiarity with the publication process
- Experience as an author or reviewer in the publication process.
- A deep understanding of the stages involved in bringing scientific research to publication, including manuscript preparation, peer review, and editorial processes.
- Previous service as a journal advisory board member or editor.
- Familiarity with the responsibilities and challenges faced by editorial boards in maintaining the quality and integrity of scientific publications will be highly regarded.
Networks and diverse perspectives
- Extensive networks and connections within the chemistry community with the ability to engage with and understand the diverse needs and perspectives of the Australian chemistry community.
High level responsibilities
- Participate in regular committee meetings to discuss and assess publication strategies, policies, and initiatives.Contribute expertise to enhance the quality and impact of RACI publications.
- Review and provide feedback on proposed changes to publication guidelines and policies.
- Actively engage with the broader scientific community to stay informed about emerging trends and best practices in publishing.
- Other responsibilities as described in the Committee Terms of Reference.
How to apply
Interested individuals meeting the minimum requirements are invited to submit their expressions of interest, including a current CV and a brief statement of no more than one page outlining their relevant experience and the unique perspectives they would bring to the committee.
Please send your application to [email protected] by Wednesday 7 February 2024.
The RACI Publications Committee plays a pivotal role in advancing the mission of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, and we welcome passionate and dedicated individuals to join us in this important endeavour.
Download the Committee Terms of Reference here
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the excellence of RACI publications.
The RACI Team