We created the Health, Safety & Environmental Division (HSE) to:
- provide professional development activities in relation to HSE pertaining to chemicals, industry, laboratories, schools, etc, for members.
- work together with industry, academia and the government sector for contributions to the Division’s specialist knowledge.
- contribute to legislation reviews pertaining to HSE legislation relating to chemicals and the chemical industry.
- contribute to Standards Australia relevant to the interests of the Division and the RACI.
- establish connections and prominence as peak qualified experts recognised by regulatory authorities managing such issues relating to Hazardous Chemicals (Dangerous Foods and Hazardous Substances), Environmentally Hazardous Chemicals, Chemicals of Concern, Domestic Use Chemical Issues, etc.).
- assist the Board in formulation of press releases in relation to Australian HSE incidents and issues to educate the public on HSE issues and good practices.
- contribute to keeping RACI members informed about HSE updates relating to chemicals and the chemical industry.
The HSE Division is strongly committed to supporting equity, diversity and inclusion.
Our HSE is very active in holding regular events. Highlights include:
A regular national conferences every 18-24 months where the latest academic research and commercial sector innovations are presented.